Married daughter's right over father self acquired property

My daughter is married do she have any right in my self acquired property ??i dont want to share any property with her it possible that will i can nominate my son as a owner of my self acquired property ( i am hindu)

Answers (3)

341 votes

Yes by will you can nominate your son as a owner of your self acquired property, Any hindu died without will then self acquired property convert in parental property and all legal heirs i.e. parents, wife, sons & daughter have equal rights of such type of property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

You have full unrestricted right to dispose of your property according to your will. Currently, no one has any right in your property except you.

It is possible and valid, that you can make a will of whole of your property in favour of your son.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
309 votes

Yes, you may prepare the Will on behalf of your son and get it registered by the registrar office. In that case, your daughter will not have any right to your self-acquired property. For, preparation of Will and to get it registered I would request you to kindly visit my office along with the necessary documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles