Married daughter whether entitled to father's salary or property

 i got married, after marriage my fother and mother both are not carring me. I am in poor situation. My husband only carring me. My father is an government empliyee but he settled with his second wife can i legally get his salary or priperty

Answers (3)

133 votes

It is the duty of husband to support you and to stand by you for ever. As far as parents you can't rely on them after your marriage. If you are a minor girl or unmarried one, no doubt your parents especially your dad has a duty to provide maintenance for your shelter, education and for marriage. Since you are already married you don't have any legal right to claim maintenance . As far as property concerned if it is self earned property of your father then also you don't have any legal right to get a share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

1. that your attain the major hence you cannot entitled the claim maintenance from your father salary.
2. that you can claim the share in only joint family property.
3. if it the self acquired property you cannot have entitled to claim

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
265 votes

Once you are married it is the responsibility of your husband to take care of you . You have a legal right only over the inherited property of your father . You can not demand anything from his salary.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles