Legality of making the will for the ancestral property

My grand father in law inherited 15 acres of land from his father, so basically the property is inherited by him not earned by him. He made a will and name all the property on his grandsons name. Now any of his sons nor His daughter are able to take property. Can he write a will, is it lawful?

Answers (3)

250 votes

answer:-जो प्रॉपर्टी आपके पिताजी को विरासत में मिली है उस प्रॉपर्टी को उन्होंने पोते के नाम किया है वह उनकी विल के अनुसार किया है क्या यह विल साधारण रूप सेइ तैयार की गयी है या यह विल रजिस्टर्ड [रेजिस्टर ऑफिस] के माध्यम से की गयी है आगे की चर्चा विल देख कर ही की जा सकती है

in english

The property which your father inherited in the name of the grandson has done according to his will, whether it has been prepared normally or it has been done through Will Registry [Registry Office] Discussion can be done only by looking at

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

252 votes

By the word "grand father in law", do you mean "father of your father in law"?

Currently there will be no question of illegality of the will made by him. He can write a will. His act of making such will is not illegal in itself.

What I mean to say, is that even if he has wrongly made a will, your wife can object only the execution of the will, not will. Because, when he is alive, there will be no execution of the will. After he passes away, the people holding the will in their favour will apply for execution of the will, at this point your wife will be able to file objection on the execution of the will.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
152 votes

The question of Will does not arise as the property has been inherited. You may simply move to court and file partition suit. You may visit my office to file the partition suit and for proper consultation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles