Legality in use of a part of private property for commercial purpose

Hi, I am from South Delhi and have a big farmhouse. I want to know how can I use my private property (some part like 600 square feet) for commercial purpose. I want to use this part as a personal training studio for my personal clients.I don't expect to train more than 3 or 4 clients in a day. I don't intend to open the studio for public use or register this as a business. Will this be considered illegal by my RWA? Is it OK for me to do this without informing any authority?

Answers (3)

327 votes

Prima facie it is illegal. any any one can register objection against this. It do not have any impact thta to how may person you are training. If some one is saying that 3 is ok , then other may say 4 is ok and so on....
the mode of using the same is change of land use . it can be done commercial or mixed use.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

252 votes

WHere is your farm house ? What kind of training are you intending to give ? How big is it ? We will have to see whether your activity falls under the definition of commercial activity or not. Further how your premises are defined under the master plan. Let me know if you need legal assistance.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
89 votes

Hello, you need to convert that property for commercial purposes, what is the title of your property? company registration is must for your business, the type of business can be included in registration, commercial property doesn't fall under RWA, for all registration and commercial use your documents are more important. Kindly revert back for further suggestions.
Jayatee Chatterjee

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles