Legal remedy to get possession of flat Purchased

Sir, I am aged 70 years. I have purchased a Flat in Sector 10 Dwarka and registered sale deed has been done on 30.11.2017 at registrar office, Kapashera. There is a housing loan on this Flat from ICICI Bank for 75 Lakhs. The owner is not giving physical possession of Flat in spite of registry and has missed out 7 dates committed by her to give the physical possession. I am paying EMI and rent both as I am currently staying in rented accommodation. The Flat owner, a widowed lady, is harassing me in spite of me being a senior citizen. Kindly suggest me how to proceed in this situation and the legal options that I could exercise causing minimum inconvenience to me given my age.

Answers (3)

288 votes

Suit for possession will take time because it is a civil nature case. You are advised to file a criminal complaint in concerned police station by narrating the facts and make allegations that landlord grabbed the amount in name of registry and sale of the property, because she has not given possession over the property therefore you are not enjoying your property rights and it's amount the act of cheating and breach of trust

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

Hello client ,
I have read Ur u have purchased the flat and registered sale dead is also been done and as per which now you are owner . In this condition you are suppose to take legal.action against the person so you can take possession of the flat you buyed.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
99 votes

You are entitled to seek the relief of recovery of possession, declaration against the owner. You can in addition, file a suit seeking damages, mesne profits also for the loss you are suffering since the possession has not been handed over yet.
You can start by sending a legal notice and giving the owner 15 days time to hand over the possession.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles