Legal remedy in case of loss of property documents

We lost our property paper and the papers which we lost on name of my grandfather father name now my grandfather's father's is no more its so long so we didn't have his death certificate and my grandfather's also death so basically now we want to make new papers On my father's name what to do .only now we have only one proof of property is light bill which is on my father's name so plz tell me what to do ?

Answers (2)

111 votes

You have to go for the search history at revenue office, find out old data and from there you will find out the lead of any documentation.

for the death certificate you have to obtain certificate form the local municipality office and if the death is not register then you have to do necessary legal process by filing suit in the court...

Thank You...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

You have to publish any local news paper for lost property paper and collect 7/12 previous 50 years and file the declaration application in civil court, after completing formalities you will get order copy where your father will be declared owner.
For further query contact lawrato

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles