Legal remedy as deceased father's property taken by elder brother

Sir, I have a land in my hometown which is in Jamshedpur ,n my both Kiddney r not in function I do dialysis thrice a week I am serious in condition . including me we r five bro n seven sister n they r in good condition.but my wealth position is not so good all expend im medical issues.i have land which purchase by my father who is no more. Land is 14katha ,I want to sell portion by which I full fill my dialysis expensive & medicine but it is capture by my elder bro ,what should I do...

Answers (2)

211 votes

Respected Sir,
If Sale deed has been purchased by your father in your name then you have to sale that property but it will depends upon whether your father has been invested self earned money for the sake of buying property. If it would be ancestral property then it will devide amongst all brothers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

You can sell your share of the property even without possession provided the purchaser is ready to purchase it. You can consult an advocate for the said purposes who might be able to give you definite way out.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles