Legal procedure to transfer property inherited from father by will

Have lost my father recently and as per his will which has been registered with local Sub registar office the house has been inherited by me post his death We are based at Chennai Q1 what is the procedure to transfer the house to my name as i am currently staying in the same house

You can approach the concerned VAO along with death certificate of your father and legal heirship certificate. He will make necessary steps to alter the records in legal parlance mutation of records.

you should get probate from the appropriate court and on the basis of the probate granted by the competent court you have the right to sell your fathers property. unless you cannot sell your fathers property on the basis of will itself.

Correct legal procedure is to probate the will of your father and once the probate of the will is over you can move the sub registrar office under which your property comes and give a formal request for transfer in your name.