quesIssue in the house we purchased. One relative of seller creating issue

HI, My parents bought a house 15 years before and now when we started re buliding the house one of the relatives of the person from whom we bought house creation issues as he has right on the house.We have recieved the patta also from the government but they are telling the particular number in registration paper is not correct.Hence they have rights on the house.Please advice how to go about this.

  • ansI will advice you to contact one advocate and get the property documents scrutinised. Onlynafter the scrutiny of the document, he will be able to tell you the legality of you title.

    Upon which you can decide to contest the case and prove your right or you can also decide to compromise after negotiation.

    Advocate Sandeep Hegde

      Rajajinagar, Bangalore

  • ansafter purchase of the house, were your parents staying in the house for 15 years, or was it let out or vacant.
    If your parents were in occupation of the house, then the relative of the seller cannot do anything now, he has no rights, any dispute he can only seek relief from the seller and not you.
    If you have received the patta and if the same is incorrect or if there is an error, then file an application with the tahsildhar and seek for rectification of the same.
    error or mistake in the patta does not give anybody any right, title or interest in the property.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I came across a builder who is selling residential land in various plot sizes as…

Our elder sister and her husband passed away 15 years ago, after leaving good amount…

sir I need small confirmation.sir can we register a property sale deed without property map…

In July, we decided to sale our home and shift to a new address. Now,…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>