Is mutation required when looking to purchase a land

What is mutation of land ? Is it require when i looking for purchase a land??

Veneration Sir,
I bring to inform you that as per the law Mutation is one of the process after transfer of land. Whenever, you will purchase the land from other then you should have to step forward towards process of mutation of purchase land. It is a process in which old owner name have deleted and new owner name placed in the place of old owner so, it is a mandatory process.. Feel free to give me your feedback and Call me for better assistance..

Mutation is the concept wherein in the government revenue records known as Register II, against your purchsed land, your name is entered to signify that you are in possession of the land. it is required to check the credentials of the seller.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli