Illegal Possession of my property after father's demise. What to do?

My father sold a property in2002, one shop in the ground floor of 160sq ft and complete area of 720 sq ft of second n third floor. After my fathers demise in 2007, I came acrross all property documents but the copy of this particular sale deed was missing. 6 month back he started constructing the fourth floor, I asked him, then he said my dad sold him with absolute roof rights upto sky high. I got the copy from registry office, and found that 4 n above belongs to us. Can police take action against FIR? or file a suit? Can cheating case be imposed? Is this cognizable offence? Plz help for early

Answers (2)

274 votes

you urgently filed police complaint against the contractor for illegal construction and illegal house trespass on your property. beside you file suit for mandatory injunction on the basis of document you received from registrar office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

Dear Concerned,

You have both the remedies available. You should immediately file a Suit as well as a complaint before the Police. Even if the Police doesn't take any action, the Court will restrain the said person from raising any further construction. After getting the construction stopped, you can focus on the criminal action.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles