I want to buy a house but the owner says property paper is lost

Sir my query is that I want to buy a house but the owner says property paper is lost and he has fir copy and has got certified copy from registrar Should I buy this property or not

No you should not buy that house because it's may be fraud but you can check their paper online or with help by any advocate in tahsil or district court for copy of their property .you can check them ..

Dear Concerned,

Get a latest CERTIFIED copy of the property yourself from the Registrar office and post that consider buying. Beofre buying through your lawyer give a NOTICE in daily newspaper about the intention to purchase the property and do mention that the original papers are lost. This will take care of any misuse of the original papers.

When you get this property registered on your name the new papers will be valid original documents.

Best of luck