I want to buy a house but the owner says property paper is lost

Sir my query is that I want to buy a house but the owner says property paper is lost and he has fir copy and has got certified copy from registrar Should I buy this property or not

Answers (2)

239 votes

No you should not buy that house because it's may be fraud but you can check their paper online or with help by any advocate in tahsil or district court for copy of their property .you can check them ..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

Dear Concerned,

Get a latest CERTIFIED copy of the property yourself from the Registrar office and post that consider buying. Beofre buying through your lawyer give a NOTICE in daily newspaper about the intention to purchase the property and do mention that the original papers are lost. This will take care of any misuse of the original papers.

When you get this property registered on your name the new papers will be valid original documents.

Best of luck

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles