I do not want my son to get my property how can I do that

I got a property as a gift from my dad, if i do How not want to give it to my son, is there any wayout.

Answers (4)


If its your self acquired property you can disown him from the property .

Warm Regards
Kapil Chandna Advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can simply disown your son by declaring it in news paper or you can execute a will in someone else favour. Your son has no right over the property which you get by way of gift deed. But still for precaution you can do what I have suggested you. He might approach the court for partition so be ready with all the documents. All the best

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

you need to disown your son legally. There is a procedure for that and then also get your last testament registered so that the same in dispute after your demise is probated with ease to your choice of beneficiaries.

You can disown him and get the same thing published in a leading newspaper.
It is in view of the Supreme Court decision, I expressed my comment that just because it has come from grand father does not automatically mean that the property is ‘ancestral’.

the bequest of self-acquired property by a father to his sons, held that it is open to a father to determine whether the property which he bequeaths or gives to his sons shall be ancestral or self-acquired, but unless he expresses his wish that it should be deemed to be self-acquired, it is ancestral.
hence if you have a written proof that your father intended to give this property to you as self acquired property, you can dispose it off the way you want.
else your son may file suit for partition against you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Hi i am running a small business in Bangalore, so i started my business at 10x10 shop at 2nd year we extended to 30x45 space in same building from pas…

Read More

My mother, a land owner, executed a registered general power of attorney in favour of a Developer in 1996 authorizing the Developer to construct a bui…

Read More

When a land owner of category Schedule Tribe is died , can his daughters claim for a share in the property or only son will get the property...as per …

Read More

My mother-in-law solded the property without any permission of only son is this correct to do this things…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue