Husband selling his property share without our consent

My father in had purchased a house in Chandigarh.After his death the house was transferred in 50/50 in my mother in law and my husband,s name.I have two children who are majors.Now my husband wants to sell his share of the house without our consent.How can I or my children stop him from doing so?

Answers (3)

315 votes

You can certainly file injunction suit stopping your husband to sell the property which as per your query, he has inherited from his father after the death, as your children have right by birth in said property for which even declaration can be sought by you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes

As the property got your husband from his father, the same is ancestral property, your two sons have equal share in the property. Yours sons can stop your husband from selling the property by filing a suit for permanent injunction restaing him from selling the proerty alongwith suit for partition .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
93 votes

You and your sons have to file suit of injunction. Also have Tomlin share out of that property.
If he sell that property then you all will not able to do anything before sale you should get stay from the court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles