How to transfer property on mother's name after father's death?

We have a house in Faridabad. My father expired last year. It was his self acquired property. We want to get it transferred in our mother's name. How can we do that?

Answers (2)

104 votes

You & your siblings, may execute an affidavit stating that your share in the property may be transferred in your mother's name, and any children have no objection, to such transfer, and file such affidavit with competent authority with request to transfer the same in the name of your mother.

Additionally if the above said remedy doesn't seem available, you may also execute release deed, with all children releasing the share in the property in the name of mother. Such release deed may be executed before the office of concerned Sub- Registrar.

If you may have any other questions, you may contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

278 votes

Please share more information. How many siblings you have? Whether there is any will?
Broadly you can file a suit for declaration and through a family settlement, can have a decree in favour of your mother by making all the class-I heirs parties to the suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles