How to take make relatives vacate premises who are not owners

Dear Sir, My father had purchased a piece of land and constructed a building on it, using one part for commercial purpose, and rest for residential purpose. In the meanwhile two of his nephews joined him for helping him in his business for last 15 years. Now, after marriage one of his nephews separated himself but still my father allowed him to stay in his house, 7 years back. Now, my father wants him to evacuate him but he along with his family denying of doing so, and threatening us with the help of his in-law's. please help

Answers (2)

55 votes

You can file a complain before local thana to get vacated you house from unauthorized possession . Forward the copy of this complain to SP and DM also to your area and Persue the matter before all the authorities. You can not file the case of eviction as he is not your tenant. If you may be able to manage local police, it would be helpful.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

Law is in your favour. If the property is of yours , nobody can captured it or denied to vacate the same. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the facts and place before him all the relevant documents and act according act as per his advice.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I plan to buy mortgage property . its plot owner brought house loan on Dec 2016 for two plots . I plan to buy one plot from owner by housing loan in t…

Read More

My mother's father registered property (self earned) for his sons' name, now father is no more, we asked our uncle to give our share, they ar…

Read More

1. Property is in the name of 3 Persons (Mother , Bother and me). Agreement to sale is done 10 years back but not the sale Deed. 2. My brother expired…

Read More

Mere father ne ek jamin ka sauda kiya tha sauda 55 lakh rupees per beegha hua tha par agreement me khariddaro ne kimat 38 lakh rupees per beegha likh …

Read More