How to stop transfer of my mother's property after her death legally

My mother bought a house in the name of my father in 1991 . The transaction was done by POA And GPA And SPA. Though my father never made registry of our house . Now my mother has died and my father wants to transfer that property to my sister . Is that anything I can do to stop him .

Answers (2)

81 votes

Respected Sir, As per your query all the documents are to be looked in to your case and all the aspect needed to be study in detail. after the detail study your work will be done. Law has solution for each query

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

193 votes

Whether there is any proof that your mother bought that property. If yes then in that case you can file an injunction suit against your father and can get stay. But make it sure you have proof that your mother spent the money for purchase of property

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles