How to stop father from selling the property ?

I am from a Hindu family. We are two brothers and we and our mother are having some disputes with our father and can't stay together anymore. We want our part of the property. Even if he agrees to transfer the ownership of our part of the land, we at the moment don't have enough money for land registration charges. So i am looking for a way to get some document signed by him (or any other way you can tell ) so that he is not able to sell that property and we can do the registration as soon as we have money for that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Answers (2)

319 votes

You can make a registered agreement for that property and according to agreement you got some more time to get that property on your name. Or you can request to your father to make a registered will towards your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

You will have to develop good relations with your father if you want your share in his property because no law can decide the successors of the property which is owned by a person who is alive.
Law of succession starts working after death of the owner of property If the deceased not makes his will

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles