How to stop father from selling grandfathers property

Sir we have property on my fathers name which is obtained from grandfather .now father is ready to sell the property but we won't it and how to get stay on the property

Answers (2)

250 votes

According to Hindu secession act all the co-prancer has got equal rights in the joint family property, so that your father alone can not alienate the property. that your consent is essential. if the your father sold property non consent of you you claim the share accordance of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

333 votes

In inherited property if you are a Hindu you have equal right like your father . Even if your father sells you can file a case against the buyer with in three years and the court will make the transaction void.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles