How to sell land when different documents are in different names?

Hello Sir, my clarification is I have my grand father's land. Patta is our grand father's name but document(pathiram) is another person's name.. but my grandfather, my father are maintained the land from 45 yrs and till now and land receipt(kaatu vari receipt) is available with my grandfather name..now we need to sell the land . What is the procedure.pls guide the procedure

You have to approach the court and seek perfection of title by adverse possession. You must have in your custody, all the tax receipts for the period you were in possession, and all other proofs of possession, viz. E.B receipts if any, etc.

To sell a property should be yours.mere name in patta does not mean, you are the owner.first confirm by getting ec, adangal,a register, chitta, SLR copy weather you are the owner.if you are the owner, file Civil case to cancel the deed pertaining to your property or file petition before district registrar to cancel it.without valid documents,it is impossible to sell property

You have to check government authorities record to verify other person's title or possession whatever. Moreover your query is not clear. If your GF is no more then the legal heirs have to approach Govt. authorities and submit application with LR certificate to pay the land receipt.