How to get share in property if brother is staying with parents

Sir / Madam, I am 52 year old, married without children, cancer patient unable to work and surviving on wife's salary. My father who is 93 yrs old has a property house which is valued currently at 1.5 crores. My elder brother who is unmarried is with him and mother. Can he get my father to write the house in his name and claim rights. how do i get my share? my mother and he are one and my father is old cannot hear and see much, not well also. I am in Pune and he is with them. Kindly advise how do I get my share.

Answers (2)

129 votes

As long as your father is alive, he can allot his properties to any one he likes including your brother and your mother. If he is dying without allotting his properties through a Will or settlement deed, then only you can claim your share of property through a legal action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

You cannot claim or demand or enforce any right or share in the property during your father's. Of course he can transfer or bequeath the property or a part hereof at his discretion in your favour......

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles