How to get possession of property?

My father is running a shop from last 25 years,however it is registered on my uncles name, it was given to us during the property distribution however my uncles is claiming back the possession now. What can we do?

Answers (4)

74 votes

You can a file a suit for Declaration and Injunction against your Uncles on the basis of the family settlement under which your father obtained the possession of the shops. You can send a notice in the meanwhile.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

307 votes

You should filled a civil suit against your uncles with disclosing all the fact and documents..........................................................................................................

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
319 votes

You can go for a civil suit ,you must be having all tax and water electricity bill thag you must be filling from many years ,was there any batvaranama made during property distribution in your family

150 votes

Yes you have the rights to continue on possession ground. meanwhile if you can show the documents of division in HUF that will help to get your case more clear me how to resolve and ensure possession in your favour

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am planning to purchase a flat. The flat is on a lease hold land. If i want to buy the land, what is the procedure to buy it?…

Read More

I have my father's agricultural land in Sardarshahar, Distt - Churu. Our north side neighbour occupied some portion of our land & now he cut t…

Read More

Hi Sir I have booked a flat in navi mumbai and given 10% down payment to builder as well as sanction letter of 90% amount from Bank. But builder is …

Read More

On faith and respect to my spiritual master I signed on a deed without reading and consulting with a lawyer, prepared by him and my land is donated to…

Read More