How to get partition of land done?

Hey there, I have to do partition of land which is one the name of my grandfather. Problem is my uncle is does not want to give the land as my dad allowed him to use all the land but now he has become more greedy and says he wants the share of the house which is in the name of my mother and have built with home loan and all. He says that he want the my house and make false allegation that it money was given my grand father for buying the land which is not true. Again the house is on the name of my mother and no one other than my dad has paid for it. What shall I do make things go smoothly without any fear because my uncle is kind of rowdy.

Answers (2)

130 votes

The property in name of your mother is her absolute property and no body can take it. You file partition for your ancestral property in court. The way of partition is either through Panchnama amongst parties or by filling partition suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

233 votes

No one can claim share in the house which is in the name of your mother. Law is very clear on that issue. So far partition of land , you have to file partition suit. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the facts and documents.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles