How to get land papers of property from my grandfather's brother

04-May-2023 (In Property Law)
My grandfather's brother has not given me land papers of my share even after 20 years of my grandfather's death. What should I do in this situation that I can get my land papers?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
746 votes
You can contact your Block Ameen for getting know the Khesra, khata number of your land. The local Ameen has the access of details of each and every land. After getting details of your land, you can get certified copy of the land through your registry office. The certified copy is same value as original
Answer #2
502 votes
is land in issue in your possession ? is land mutated in your favour ? if not then contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all facts and documents(if any) available with you and act according to his advise

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."