How to get correction in sale deed

In Property Law
Hi, Scenario is - suppose i purchase plot with owner "X" who has power of authority to sell the land.Registration and every required registration document is done. After some time i came to know that sno of plot mentioned in document is incorrect. When i want back to registration office for correction deed i came to know that owner from which i purchase the land name got cancelled and some other name is certified as a owner"Y" of land. The name of owner got cancelled from court and they did not summit the document in registration office correction deed is done by owner "X" or owner "Y".

Answers (4)

182 votes

Your query is very unclear. However, from what I can make out, if it is rectification of the sale deed you are seeking, you need to file a suit for correction of the sale deed under Section 26 of the Specific Relief Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

209 votes

It's a cheating because on the date of transactions x has no authority to sell you the property So transaction is invalid ab initio. It is advisable that you should be criminal complaint against seller for selling the property without having clear title

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
71 votes

This is a detailed query and needs specific documents to be looked into. However, if the plot number of which X was not attorney from its owner and he executed sale deed of that plot, he has committed cheating upon you. Whether the attorney was for consideration or without consideration and whether it is supported by agreement to sell, Will etc.

167 votes

Aa you say X was owner at time you registerrd, later Y was declared Of same property by order of Court and was X completely deleted?
If so- either X will ask Y to getthe correction. All you three needs to apply for this.
Or challenge the order of Y ownership in Court as you are now registered owner.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles