How to get a rectification deed for change in property dimensions

04-May-2023 (In Property Law)
did agreement for shop in 2009 at pune now at possession shop number and area of shop changed due to change in plan by mum. corp Paid Stamp and reg 1.30 lac in 2009 Now registrar says do the new agreement.What shouid i do ? why not rectification deed? Pl advise
Answers (2)

Answer #1
518 votes
If the floor number and boundaries remain unchanged and area of the unit and number of unit changed due to revision in sanction plan then you can explain the Sub Registrar by showing old and new blue print of sanctioned plan. Otherwise you have to execute registered cancellation deed of the subjected agreement and enter in to new agreement. After cancellation deed you can apply for refund and refund of stamp duty paid to the previous agreement within 6 months. But you can not get refund of registration fee. Due to increased government valuation comparing government value of 2009 and 2018, you may have to pay higher amount of stamp duty for new agreement. First of all you need to bring certified copy of old and new sanctioned building plan in which your unit is situated.

Answer #2
700 votes
Correction deed is possible to avoid further stamp duty, but without verifying original document its difficult to advice anything, better you get consultation from lawyer nearby you area which will be helpful to you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."