How to correct an error in a sale deed

11-May-2023 (In Property Law)
Hello sir, I am intended to purchase a plot. in sale deed the sentence "herein after called the vendee of the second part" it was typed instead of "herein after called the vendor of the first part" how can it be corrected. Is it necessary for rectification deed.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
913 votes
In order to avoid any complication In the future for the purpose of resale/loan etc. this clause has to be rectified. The same is possible through a rectification deed that will be executed by same parties to the earlier transaction. The fee are nominal but it involves the preparation of deed and the process.
Answer #2
678 votes
You call the opposite party who executed the deed to rectify the error in the sale deed for execution of rectification deed if he failed to do that act then you can file suitfor rectification before the civil court.
Answer #3
731 votes
Rectification deed is very much necessity to rectify it. For that some formal stamp duty also be paid.without such rectification the deed is not a valid one chance the rectification is necessary in the interest of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."