How to claim property which developer is taking over

Hello, We have a property (In Chawl) in the name of my Late. Grandfather . There is no room just we have name of my grandfather on that property (On 2 shop). There is Municipal Tax pending On that property And The Local Builder has taken the area under for Redevelopment. My Question is That Can we get A Room from the Builder for having name of my Grandfather on that property Or anything that we can get from that. We have Rent receipt and Tax Receipt of that property . Plz Help ASAP.

Answers (2)

320 votes

Yes you will get and keep all the supporting that are purporting to what is required in order to be established as claim to the redevelopment property. Definitely you will succeed and will get a place.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

195 votes

How the local builder had taken it for redevelopment, make a search on that property, you will came to know how exactly it has devolve. Is there any paper beside property tax and yes u have mentioned that it belongs to your grandfather then what is that rent receipt you are talking about.?

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have booked an apartment in Chennai , the builder is in the process of handing over. He is asking us to sign a document telling that part of the cor…

Read More

I had made agreement for purchasing a flat from the Owner in Amrapali Princely estate Sector 76 Noida. As the flat yet not registered in name of the …

Read More

I have booked flat before 1 year and already given 10% amount of total cost of flat. I have photo copy of builder buyer agreement and payment receipt …

Read More

I have bought a flat and it was financed by an Indian institution. I am paying the EMI. Now I got a notice from another bank, stating that it was fina…

Read More