How to claim property possessed by brother illegally

My late grandfather has three son. My father is eldest followed by two uncles. My grandfather was a farmer. My father was working in a town and retired around 1995. My father sent money to Village to my grandfather. My grandfather bought so many plots on his name while he bought one plot on my father's name. My younger uncle any how convinced my grandfather and transfered 40 % of land on her wife name. Presently 100% land is captured by my younger uncle. Some old people know that my father had given money to buy the land. But we don't have any money order slip. What should I with my father can do to take 1/3 rd land from my younger uncle. 

Answers (2)

286 votes

Property brought by your grandfather is property of Hindu undivided family and and your father has got equal right so as his brothers. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about facts and act accordingly as per his advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

Wheather your father has given the money or not, he has one third share upon his father' property. You can get the property partitioned either through family arrangement deed or by filing the partition suit. You can take the help of local police to get vacated of your father's share land

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles