How to buy property named wrongly in documents

My uncle (father's brother) was given a plot in delhi in place of jhuggi and now i want to name that plot on my name and my uncle have no issue about it but the problem is with the documents of the plot, my uncle's father name is written wrong on the plot's document and in electricity bill too and it has been so many years this thing continues.. please advice ...

Answers (3)

196 votes

If the plot that has been allocated to your uncle , has been registered in his name, in that case you don't have to worry about grandfather's incorrect name. The present transfer shall now take place between the current owner that is your uncle and the tranferee that is you. Anyhow , for generic information you may get the required change if you otherwise want it by approaching the tehsil along with the required documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

You can make an advertisement in paper and if the amount of bill was being deducted through the account of your uncle then this can be easily rectified with the authorities and then you can either get it on sale deed or gift deed by any transfer in your name

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
117 votes

A rectification deed will have to be executed after mutual consent of all the parties to the main deed. All parties to the original deed should jointly execute the rectification deed as well. In case the original deed is registered, the rectification deed should also be registered. The requisite stamp duty and registration charges should be paid as per the laws in force in the state. For errors such as spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs. 100 each. In case, a rectification deed related to the area, names of the parties, or extent of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable to a conveyance deed are payable.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles