How to buy property named wrongly in documents

My uncle (father's brother) was given a plot in delhi in place of jhuggi and now i want to name that plot on my name and my uncle have no issue about it but the problem is with the documents of the plot, my uncle's father name is written wrong on the plot's document and in electricity bill too and it has been so many years this thing continues.. please advice ...

A rectification deed will have to be executed after mutual consent of all the parties to the main deed. All parties to the original deed should jointly execute the rectification deed as well. In case the original deed is registered, the rectification deed should also be registered. The requisite stamp duty and registration charges should be paid as per the laws in force in the state. For errors such as spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs. 100 each. In case, a rectification deed related to the area, names of the parties, or extent of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable to a conveyance deed are payable.

You can make an advertisement in paper and if the amount of bill was being deducted through the account of your uncle then this can be easily rectified with the authorities and then you can either get it on sale deed or gift deed by any transfer in your name

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

Hello,
If the plot that has been allocated to your uncle , has been registered in his name, in that case you don't have to worry about grandfather's incorrect name. The present transfer shall now take place between the current owner that is your uncle and the tranferee that is you. Anyhow , for generic information you may get the required change if you otherwise want it by approaching the tehsil along with the required documents.