How to buy a property which is not mutated

I want to buy a property which can't be done through registered sale deed due to no mutation. But if I execute a agreement; a durable POA and will from seller. Will it solve my purpose. If not then any other way to have the property?

Answers (2)

317 votes

Venerated Sir,
As per your grievances I would like to inform you that Law permits transfer of ownership of property through WILL, GIFT but it will wholly depends on legal holder of ownership / title of such property. POA can not declare title or ownership of the property. I will suggest that first you make mutation over that property otherwise you will face problem to transfer the property in your name. It is required by law to make mutation then property will transfer through WILL, GIFT. Feel free to call for more assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

a agreement; a durable POA and will from seller will not resolve your problem. These will continue to create future problems. Consult an advocate with all papers to ensure a good way out else avoid it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles