How to add my name as owner in a flat if I paid some amount for it

27-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Under mutual understanding including parents me and brother purchase 2bhk flat. I have spent 6lacs from my pocket. Home loan was applied by him but home loan amount was settled by my father. Flat was expected our both name.but flat put to registration in his wife and his name. I was but reason placed was as he applied for home loan he cannot my name in registration.Can I claim my share in house and how. I asked him add my name but claim to sale flat have 3 equal share. Price place so high there no customer to purchase it been 2 yrs now. So place help
Answers (2)

Answer #1
744 votes
While purchasing the flat you have paid the amount, but your family members did not included your name in the agreement. You should have raised the issue that time itself. Any way try to settle the issue amicably in family otherwise you have option to go to Court.

Answer #2
647 votes
Dear Querist, if things can be sorted out by mutual discussion then, sign and execute a Memorandum of Family Arrangement specific each ones share .
If things are not working out, then you will have to file a suit for partition.

Please feel free to call us, if any further queries.

Rakesh V. Misar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."