quesHow can we sell grandparents property

My grandparents(mother's mom&dad) had 4 children(2 boys & 2 Girsl).my grandparents had passed away some 60yrs ago.my 2 maternal uncles were not married. One of them had adopted a boy but didnt process it legally.Now, both uncles have passed away.My grandfather has a property.Now, both sisters want to sell this property but not sure how to proceed further as the property was not trsfd to any children.We have legal heir/family certificate issued in 2009 on 2 sisters names.Is it mandatory to have the property trnsfd to our names & then sell it or as we are are legal heir,canwe sell it of directly

  • ansHi
    Since your mother and her sister are the legal heirs they can sell the property directly. however brokers might state flimsy reasons to reduce the price of property.
    So better to get the property mutuated in your mother and her sister's name by executing a registered settlement deed and then sell the property .

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • ansHI,
    transfer is not mandatory in case of sale of property. your legal heir/ family member certificate is sufficient to sell the property.
    but all the legal heirs/family members of your grand father has to register the property at the time of registration.
    you can sell the property directly.

    Advocate Sree K Sivakumar

      Chikadpally, Hyderabad

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My parents are planning to give an independant house to me and my younger sister.…
I am sigining a lease deed with an engineering company from Muscat. The owner lives…
My father died leaving unregistered will dully witnessed by my mother and niece who are…
My 1st mother Son occupied our home without our knowledge since last month. Where he…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly