quesHow can my father transfer property in my name

My father is owner of residential property in gautam nagar. Behind AII due to his old age he has given me legal and official power of attorney for this property. The POA is from high court in Nainital Uttranchal. We live in Uttranchal and my father is absolutely unable to travel to Delhi. Please advise how it is possible to change the ownership from his name to my name without him being in a position toravel to Delhi. Thanking you. Best regards

  • ansHello
    I have read your query, and have observed that your property can be transferred to your name by way of a registered Will only. That to transfer any immovable property your ought to have the owner/transferer present in the concerned office. As your father is not in the position to travel I can suggest that you only have Will as a way to transfer this property.

    Advocate Anuj Sehrawat

      Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi

  • ansThe best thing for you to do would be to have your father execute a Gift Deed in your favour for the property. You will need to pay stamp duty on this as per the prevalent circle rates, but this is the cheapest option available to you. To secure yourself, you should also have the Gift Deed registered.

    Advocate Angad Mehta

      Defence Colony, Delhi

  • ansYour fathet can execute a WILL or gift deed before the registrar and through that deed you make necessary endorsement in official records of competent authorities. power of attorney should have been registered as per laws

    Advocate Harsh Kumar Gautam

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My grandfather passed away 6 years back and he dint wrote will to anyone. However,…
Some one purchased agricultural land and did not updated in patta. The seller and purchaser…
Do a kid of divorced couple has a share on ancestral property from father's side…
My neighbors had made a single wall of height 22 feet with one sided support…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly