×

quesHow can my father transfer property in my name

My father is owner of residential property in gautam nagar. Behind AII due to his old age he has given me legal and official power of attorney for this property. The POA is from high court in Nainital Uttranchal. We live in Uttranchal and my father is absolutely unable to travel to Delhi. Please advise how it is possible to change the ownership from his name to my name without him being in a position toravel to Delhi. Thanking you. Best regards

• ansHello
    I have read your query, and have observed that your property can be transferred to your name by way of a registered Will only. That to transfer any immovable property your ought to have the owner/transferer present in the concerned office. As your father is not in the position to travel I can suggest that you only have Will as a way to transfer this property.

Advocate Anuj Sehrawat

Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi

• ansThe best thing for you to do would be to have your father execute a Gift Deed in your favour for the property. You will need to pay stamp duty on this as per the prevalent circle rates, but this is the cheapest option available to you. To secure yourself, you should also have the Gift Deed registered.

Advocate Angad Mehta

Defence Colony, Delhi

• ansYour fathet can execute a WILL or gift deed before the registrar and through that deed you make necessary endorsement in official records of competent authorities. power of attorney should have been registered as per laws

Advocate Harsh Kumar Gautam

Barakhamba Road, Delhi