How can i transfer my share in grandfathers property

We have land & owner of this was My grandfather had 2 brother of him. And my great grandmother was owner too. All of above is no more right now. My grandfather has 2 children : me & my brothr What is the process to transfer my part of land .

Answers (3)

236 votes

the procedure for agricultural land and abadi land is different. Please meet personally with all the available documents so that proper way can be suggested. The general procedure is to get the land muted by LRO. if he deny to do so you are to file a suit for partition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Both of you having half share and one fourth share each in the property . You can file a suit for division in the appropriate court if the property is residential plot then civil court and agricultural land then revenue court.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
277 votes

Dear friend as per your question and acording to law you r abslute owner of property but you want to transfer your share but without partition you can not transfer your land. Because you r a co owner so 1st you file a partition suit or amicable settelment your brother then transfer your share

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles