How can I protect my home from getting sold off after divorce

Hello husband is cheating on me for another woman .he does not intend to stay with us and has hinted for divorce .however not made any move as he's waiting for property as I assume. I have 3 grown up kids .i stay in a house which is in joint names with him .my question is .since it's a old building the building is going for resale ..the other flat owners are vacating ...what do i do ? Is there a approach I can put it forward to builder since for me shelter is more important .I have a fear he may take half the share as he want to get rid of us .

Answers (2)

257 votes

Hi there , you have an equal share on husbands property or as decided in any signed document or nomination. You should write a letter to your builder regarding your status to the flat and that any transaction in he same should be with your written approval .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

Since it is a jointly owned property, he cannot sale it without ur consent, if he is negotiating with builder, serve a notice on boulder stating it serious objection to sale being co owner. U may approach court for an injunction against ur husband restraining him from creation of third party intrest

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles