How can i claim the Property?

i am a married man. living with my parents and wife. recently we had been having some differences with my parents regarding the house. we have a separated Kitchen as well now. the house is his self acquired property. but we have a lot of ancestral property.. how can i claim it? the property is in the name of my father?

You can file a suit for partition of ancestral property, but not as long as father is there. You will inherit your share of father's self acquired property after his death if he doesn't make a will of it.

After lifetime of your father this land will automatically come to you and your mother. But in case you want your share in the ancestral property you would need to file a suit in the court to claim your share.

In ancestral property you can have a claim but in self acquired you don't have any say..before filing a suit just talk to your father for partition..if he's unwilling then go for a suit if an amicable solution isn't available.. Rest that house in question is your father's property so no legal remedy is available..