Grandmother's right to sell deceased grandfather's property

My GrandFather has 115 dismil ancestral property and 50 dismil purchase property. One year before my GrandFather had death. He has only one daughter no any other sons. After death of my GrandFather, My GrandMother sold all ancestral property (115 dismil) to me as a sell dead, then after 4 months later, my mother sells 50% of all ancestral property with 50 decimals Purchase property to another person. So please suggest what I should do ?

Answers (2)

80 votes

If at the time of sell the property was in the name of your grand father, your grand mother had no right to sell whole part of your grand father's self acquired property. Contact a good lawyer with all relevant facts and documents and act according to his advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

300 votes

when your grandmother sold the property to you, how your mother can sell it. A property can't be sold twice by the same family. The portion which you have got, it is your's and you are absolute owner of it. subsequent sale by your mother is not valid. For the rest your mother is entitled to sell.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles