Grandmother gave property through will want to probate it

My grand mother wrote will a property in my name. I have applied for probate. It will take minimum 1 year to get probate order. Before the order how i can rent out this property. Shall registered will is enough to prove that I am the owner of the property.

Answers (4)

It depends upon the tenant and there is no impediment in law to let out the said property for a rent. Only if there is a counter claim in respect of the rent naturally the tenant is unable to pay the rent in such situation. In your case you are already having a registered Will in your favour. The probate will not be done within 1 month and hence don't fall for it. Having said that with or without probate you can let out your property and receive rent. You need not disclose all these facts to your tenant and he has no business to seek those information.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Normally the will has to be probated and by virtue of the will you can claim the property as your own and you can do whatever you want . But sometimes the person who is going to be your tenant decides not to vacate then he can challenge your right saying that the will was not probated.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

No problem, you can rent it out. The evidence act says that the tenant cannot question the title of the landlord. So, you have all the right to rent it out.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|||||||||||||||

Regarding WILL , it is optional to register it or not, even an unregistered WiLL is Valid before any courts of law. Probate is not compulsory. There are so many decisions with respect to the circumstances of Probate of WILL...

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

There is some ancestral property of husband. The property was divided equally amongst father in law and his brothers. After getting the share my fathe…

Read More

Dear Sir, My father has 2 brothers, my grand father died. But my uncle (my father's elder brother) is refusing to distribute the property (Agricul…

Read More

In hindu what is the share of the grand daughter in dead grandmother property if her father and four brothers are present…

Read More

Dear Sir, This is a matter of division of property among three brothers. The agricultural property is in the name of father.The father accquire the pr…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue