Grandmother denying property transferred to father by partition

Mere dada ki death 1997 mein hui thee. Hamara ek plot tha jo dadi ke naam par tha aur ek kothi dadaji ke naam par thee jo ab mummy ke naam par hai lekin hamhe yeh nahi pata ki woh will ke dwara hua hai ya unkee death ke baad transfer hua hai. Woh plot jo dadi ne becha tha uske teen hisee kiye thee. ek hissa mere papa ko diya tha jiska hamne flat liya tha lekin papers banwate samay dadi ne sirf usme apna naam likha. mere papa kee death 2003 mein ho gayee thee. abhi tak dadi ne hamhe bola tha kee hamhe deangee lekin ab woh mana kar rahee hai. kya mein us flat ke against daava kar saktee hui.ek RTI daal sakti hui takee woh flat na bech sake. kya mein uss flat aur jis makkan mein hum abhi raha rahee hai dono pe apna hissa mang saktee hui.

Answers (2)

246 votes

I have come across many cases like this. Your problem needs detailed discussion to give concrete opinion.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

242 votes

Hello your mother will get the part as your father's other brother in case your grand mother passes away without any will.

You can file RTI with Registry for the same purpose but it may attract personal information under the RTI act, 2005

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles