Grand daughter's right to claim a share in the ancestral property

I am a 29 year old married woman. My parents died when I was 3 years old. I am only child left behind my parents. Do I have right to claim my share in ancestral property . My Uncles are denying to give my share out of farm land (Ancestral land).?

Answers (2)

107 votes

You are only one of alive child of their parents according to law you are liable to get benefits of your ancestral property by Hindu succession Law you can get succession certificate from civil judge of their court belongs to you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

175 votes

dear can claim your share in ancestral property according to section 6 of hindu succession act,1956. your uncle cannot deprive you to take your share in ancestral property. you have have to file a suit to be entitle to your proportional share in your ancestral property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles