Grand children's right to claim share of grandfather's property

My Grand father expired almost 25 years back, my father didn't get any property. My father eldest and has 5 younger brothers. Last two got the property registered on their name showing the will written by my Grandpa. My father also expired in 2001. As grand children, do we have rights on my Grandpa's property??

Answers (2)

264 votes

You have the right in the share but here as you said their was a will and as per the will the names have been changes in the name of both of them. So you have to challenge the will deed first and then parallel ask for the share in partition .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

First thing is that the said Will DEED is registered or not, After examine your all the documents I will give you legal opinion or suggestion. consult me through this website.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles