Fraud in property transfer by siblings

14-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
my father has three brother and my father is oldest. we were living in joint family till 1998, in the house that we( my father, mother & sister) are living now is owned by my grandmother. During the period we were living in joint family our family build new banglow of two floor and it was on the name of my father till 2013 . in 1998 joint family seperated and my two uncle decided to leave in new banglow. my grandparents also living with youngest uncle in new banglow. In 2013 my two uncle decide to sell the house but that was owned by my father. that time my father agrees to transfer banglow to my uncle's name in one condition if my grandmother transfer the house to my father's name that we are living now.after that my grandmother told to my father that no need to transfer due to cost then she made regesterd will on my father's name and my father transfer that banglow to yongest uncle that sold in my grandmother cancle that will and told us to leave the house." what to do now?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
713 votes
First of all, let me say that by executing which document your father has transferred the bungalow to your uncle's name?? If is it valid transfer than you I have to see the condition mentioned in it. And if the transfer by any document which is not permissible under the law, then definitely you can claim that bungalow back with the help of remedy available under the law.

Second question with regard to your house where you all are living. If the said property is ancestral property then you and your father have a legal rights in it. And if that property is self occupied property by your grandmother then she can deal with as she wants.
Answer #2
731 votes
If u have any written document regarding that condition which has been imposed by your father when he transfer his owned bungalow to ur uncle's name then it will be easy...but if u don't have any written document still there are other remedies in law..kindly call

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."