Father refusing to take share in ancestral property. How to claim my?

Grandmother expired recently. The ancestral property got divided between father and brother. Father refused to take his share. How can i take my share in the property?

Answers (3)

103 votes


You being the legal heir can claim your right in the ancestral property being a part of HUF even if your father refuse to take his share. Your father can transfer his share to you by executing necessary document or else you can file suit for partition against other relatives adding father as formal party.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

If the property is ancestral you can file the suit for partition. That you are one of the coparcenar as per the hindu law of succession you have the same rights in the family. The suit can be brought for partition.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
329 votes

Sir, by issueing legal notice to all members including your father you can demand your share, and upon failure, you can initiate civil process by way of filing suit for partition, declaration, and injunction against all the members wherein you can ask for your share of property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles