Father made house on grandmother's property family member want share

My Dad has built house on a property built on land belonging to my Grandmother when she was alive.But did not get same registered in his Name.Now after her death one of the sibling is not willing to participate in property distribution.Is there a way to have the Investment cost recovered.

The best course is to arrive at an amicable settlement. Else, a suit for partition could be filed. As to the recovery of the amount allegedly spent in constructing the house, everything depends upon the evidence you can adduce in support of your contention.

After the death of grandmother her property divided between her legal heirs equally. In such a case your father can file partition suit for getting his share and claim the amount which he spend for building