Father made house on grandmother's property family member want share

My Dad has built house on a property built on land belonging to my Grandmother when she was alive.But did not get same registered in his Name.Now after her death one of the sibling is not willing to participate in property distribution.Is there a way to have the Investment cost recovered.

Answers (2)

159 votes

The best course is to arrive at an amicable settlement. Else, a suit for partition could be filed. As to the recovery of the amount allegedly spent in constructing the house, everything depends upon the evidence you can adduce in support of your contention.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

After the death of grandmother her property divided between her legal heirs equally. In such a case your father can file partition suit for getting his share and claim the amount which he spend for building

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles