quesEncroachment by neighbor in my property

Entry throuh the gate of my alloted government quarter is being prevented by a neighbour, who claims that the land over which my right to way falls is his private land. Whereas the fact is that the land belongs to government and he is simply encroaching the same illegally. Under the circumstances, what should be done for immediate relief to me and under what provision that neighbour can be made criminally liable?

  • ansDear Sir,

    You need to go to court to seeking a direction from the court to stop him from interfering in your property and your right of way. Further, you should file a police complaint against your neighbour.

    Advocate Dheeraj Gupta

      South Ex., Delhi

  • ansIf it is a easement right then you can go ahead and file criminal complaint under wrongful restrain and blocking of the passway.Therefore you can go ahead and also file a suit for declaration and damages .You can also file complaint in the competent authority that is DDA and MCD stating your grievances.

    Advocate Nishant Solanki

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansYou can make a case of criminal tresspass, wrongful restraint for immediate relief under criminal law. To understand the details need to consult.
    1. Your job profile.
    2. Neighbour's personal details.
    3. Property allotmemt and details regarding government allotment to you.

    Advocate Ramaditya Tiwari

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • ansDear Client, you are hereby advised to file a Civil Suit against your neighbours. The access to your property is your easementary right. You are further advised to pray for stay in the construction of the same.

    Advocate Neeraj Dubey

      Lajpat Nagar-2, Delhi

  • ansYou can approach the civil courts for seeking restraining order against your neighbour for the same which can be granted by the civil court where he have to prove how the property belongs to him and even otherwise interim stay can be granted in your favor restraining him from stopping to use that way.

    Advocate Harshit Jain

      Rohini, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Some person take power of attorney from my father in January 2000 and transfer property…
My grandfather wrote an unregistered will to divide his property between his sons, signed by…

Sir I have purched a property before marriage.After mmarriage I lived there . after some…

A token money of Rs 10K was given to a property dealer for direct transfer…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly