Elder sister registered father's property in her name & denying share

Sir I am a Hindu girl. We are three sisters. Actually my father expired when I was right years old. Now I am 21. The land in which we are staying was bought by my father... But as some dues were left, so the documentation process was not done but after my father died my brother in law along with my elder sister went to the owner and paid the remaining 10000 rupees and asked to complete the documentation process. The owner was about to write the property in all the three of us names.. but my elder sister told that she would take a home loan and build a house for us and so she asked us to name the property in her name.. so we agreed and the owner named the property in her name. But now she is neither taking any home loan nor making house.. she even threatens us to not give the property back. So what should we do to make the property in the name of three of us..my mother is also alive us well.. now we are suffering lots of problems..kindly help

Answers (3)

Do you have any written agreement between you and your sister if no then a civil suit of partition and possession can be filed under code of civil procedure praying the court to declare the portion of inherited property in favor of petitioner and the trial begins thereafter. Once the court passes a decree of partition then accordingly mutation can take place. You can consult with a lawyer he will suggest you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you have to challenge the registered deed, also prove the fact in the Court that your father had paid substantial part of the amount. But your sister's assurances may not be in writing so there is nothing to disprove that she was the one who actually bought the plot of land. These are all disputed questions of fact and perhaps the only way to prove this is if they make an admission to that effect during cross-examination. in any case you have no option but to file a civil case to prove your part ownership, as a result of succession of the assets/property from your father. But you will have to prove that the land belonged to your father, and inabsence of a concluded contract/agreement in his name, that may be difficult

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience

To understand the matter properly, I will require your documents. Once I go through all the pertaining documents, then will I be able to give you better legal advice. So, kindly contact me with the details.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am a hindu. My father built a house and he expired in 1996. My suster is married. Will she have the right in property…

Read More

The agent had a deal with us worth 70 lakh,he then produced the agreement paper worth 70 lakh but later on he forged my mom and her sister to sign on …

Read More

sir I and my younger sister both we have 8 acres of land .my father died on may 8.2005...and my mother died on apr.24.2015. but property partitioned i…

Read More

sir i am from mysore my elder bro expired in the month of november 2015, my father has divided the property he earned to both of us equally which is r…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue