Does a girl has right to claim a part in ancestral property

My brother has made in his name all the ancestral property can I still claim my father is still alive Hindu

Answers (2)

309 votes

There was an amendment made in the year 2015 [under the Hindu Succession Act] wherein daughters were also included as entitled to claim a share in ancestral property. As a result you would be able to claim a share in the property despite your fathers existence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

If the properties are ancestral in nature, if your father is alive or not, all the male and female children are entitle for their respective shares. In your case, your brother has taken the said ancestral properties in his name. Even, the properties have changed in your brother name, your ancestral right willnot be evoperated. It is better to claim your share by suit of partition if there differences between you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles