Division of property among brothers

My parents have died, and among my siblings, only two of us -- my brother and I -- survive. My dad left two houses: one in Kolkata and one in Bhilai, both still in my father's name. How much will my share be and how can I get it? My brother seems unwilling to sell the houses.

Answers (3)

134 votes

Dear Sir

Since your father died if your mother is still alive 3 of you get the share equally.
it is not possible to say how much share you will get without seeing the deeds of your father. You can also file partition suit in this matter. For further information you have to contact with advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

Respected sir/madam

Read your matter and I suggest you to adapt this legal ways

1.Make legal contact with your brother about the lawfull possion of you.

2. make your lawfull possion separate and mutated in your name.
3. otherwise after demarcate your lawfull possion you can sale your.

for further help please feel free to contact me.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
181 votes

First of all, approach your brother to partition the property by meets & bounds. In that case you may appoint an advocate with his valuer who can estimate the valuations of each house with its property. Then you & your brother have to decide about the procedure of divisions. If it will be finalize then register as per your will. But if your brother will not want to partition the property then you have to file a partition suit against your brother.
Thank you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles