Distribution of grandfather's land after his death

actually my grandfather died in 2013. before that we are joint family after his death my father and his brother wants to share the land but my father brother already registerd 3acres of land on his name out of 5 acres and now remaining 2 acres passbooks are there with him he is not giving pass books and not signing on land papers wat is the soln im thinking to cancel the passbooks of land its correct or not

Answers (2)

138 votes

if it is ancister property, you have file partition and separate possession by conciliating the registered sale deeds as void for your share. the court will issue notice and in case of fraud is proved that intentionally registered the property on his name then court will order in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

Need to know more details.
On what grounds did your father's brother register 3 acres of land in his name( was there any will or gift deed etc).
Second, you should file a suit for partition in the court where the property is situated. Only if you file a partition suit, the Passbook can be changed . In the said partition suit, you should also challenge the grounds on which your father's brother has registered the 3 acres of land on his name.
hope this helps.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles