Distribution of grandfather's land after his death

actually my grandfather died in 2013. before that we are joint family after his death my father and his brother wants to share the land but my father brother already registerd 3acres of land on his name out of 5 acres and now remaining 2 acres passbooks are there with him he is not giving pass books and not signing on land papers wat is the soln im thinking to cancel the passbooks of land its correct or not

if it is ancister property, you have file partition and separate possession by conciliating the registered sale deeds as void for your share. the court will issue notice and in case of fraud is proved that intentionally registered the property on his name then court will order in your favour.

HI
Need to know more details.
On what grounds did your father's brother register 3 acres of land in his name( was there any will or gift deed etc).
Second, you should file a suit for partition in the court where the property is situated. Only if you file a partition suit, the Passbook can be changed . In the said partition suit, you should also challenge the grounds on which your father's brother has registered the 3 acres of land on his name.
hope this helps.